Christmas is a time to be with family and friends, eat foods high in calories and rich in butter, and make a wrapping paper mess that only the dogs and cats can really enjoy. But during my time locked up in a farm house with my family, I worked on project 3 for our wedding (four months, three days away!!).
In a previous post, I mentioned that we hired the talented Sarah of Foglio Press to design our invitations (find Foglio Press on Etsy). For a very small fee, she designed a matching logo that we can use on items sprinkled throughout our big day. I took the logo and placed it eight times on an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of sticker paper, and printed enough for 304 stickers. I used the always reliable paper cutter to cut each one.
For the dessert bar, we will have coffee, candy, cookies and homemade Portuguese sweets. We'll include little bags and take-out boxes for guests who need a little sugar one, two or three days later! The stickers were placed on 200 small bags and 100 take-out boxes purchased online at Paper Mart. The four remaining stickers were used to make chicken noses on my little cousins (sorry, picture not included).
Project 3 is done and packaged until April. Here's an update on the 30 before April 30 list:
- Homemade totebags for the bridesmaids
- Guest bags and all of the pieces that will go inside for out-of-towners
- DONE! Save the dates
- Wedding invitations
- Hand written addresses for wedding invitations
- Wedding programs
- Wedding menu cards
- DONE! Bridal shower invitations
- Bridal shower centerpieces (this isn't taking place April 30, duh!)
- Reserved signs (no escort cards at this wedding)
- Escort cards for wedding party
- Photobooth props & sign
- Materials for out-of-town guest
- Rehearsal dinner invitations
- Rehearsal dinner menus
- Bar menus
- Thank you cards for gifts along the way ...
- Groomsmen gifts
- Door initials
- Monogramed centerpieces
- DONE! Dessert bar components
- Sign in *surprise* area (we can't give everything away)
- Bridal Party dinner table monogram runner
- Signs for front of reception site
- Centerpieces for cocktail tables & bars
- Wedding cake topper
- Bouquet bling
- Signs for pictures
- Toiletry kits for bathrooms
- Thank you gifts for our generous vendors, family and friends helping on the big day!