This little project isn't on the original 30 list but as any party planner can support me in saying, you can not anticipate everything and changes are inevitable. That is very much the case with this project. Next weekend is my second bridal shower hosted by my mom and I have been very much involved in the details for this garden-themed gathering.
For the cakes, I made little bunting flags to hang over each tower. I decided to recreate these little flags into big person versions to drape around the venue. Here is the list of materials used:
- 1 yard each of four different fabric prints
- 5 packages of bias tape - single fold
- white thread for sewing the triangles; blue thread for sewing the bias tape
- sewing machine, scissors, iron
- triangle template (homemade)
During Super Bowl Sunday, I sat on the familyroom floor and cut out 132 triangles measuring 8" x 9" x 9" from 4 yards of fabric.
Take two pieces, design face-to-face, and sew the two longer sides, making sure to overlap the stitch at the tip.
Thanks CM and KT for helping on a Sunday afternoon turn the triangles right side out and iron each one flat.
A visit to the fabric store and I picked up bias tape - single fold, not really knowing if this was the best option for connecting the triangles. I did the best I could, overlapping one of the edges over each triangle. I spaced each triangle 2 inches apart.
Use a zig-zag stitch. I tried really hard to get the zig on the fabric and the zag on the bias tape. Not every single triangle looked great but practice made perfect, and over time, I was able to accomplish this.
I apologize for the limited decor, but Valentine's Day came down this morning and I'm not yet sure what will go on the mantel next ... something a little more permanent.
30 Before April 30 ongoing list ... (this list changes occasionally)
- Homemade totebags for the bridesmaids
- Guest bags and all of the pieces that will go inside for out-of-towners
- DONE! Save the dates
- Wedding invitations
- Hand written addresses for wedding invitations
- Wedding programs
- DONE! Bags for Program Attendants
- DONE! Bridal shower invitations
- DONE! Bridal shower party favors
- DONE! Reserved signs
- DONE! Escort cards for wedding party
- Photobooth props & sign
- DONE! Rehearsal dinner dessert
- Rehearsal dinner invitations
- Rehearsal dinner menus
- DONE! Fabric bunting flags for bridal shower
- Thank you cards for gifts along the way ...
- Groomsmen gifts
- Door initials
- DONE! Bridal Shower Cake Bunting
- DONE! Dessert bar components
- Sign in *surprise* area (we can't give everything away)
- Bridal Party dinner table monogram runner
- Signs for front of reception site
- Centerpieces for cocktail tables & bars
- Wedding cake topper
- Bouquet bling
- Signs for pictures
- Toiletry kits for bathrooms
- Thank you gifts for our generous vendors, family and friends helping on the big day!
Celebrating at these linky parties this week:
- Polly Want a Crafter
- Making the World Cuter
- C.R.A.F.T. Making Monday Marvelous
- Craftomaniac Monday
- DIY Showoff
- Take a Look Tuesday at Craft Bee
- These Creative Juices Linky Party
- Creative Share Wednesdays at The Trendy Treehouse