Bridal shower number two is this weekend, hosted by my mother and being organized and coordinated by a group of family and friends. I tend to show my gratitude with something homemade but with a larger group, that kind of generosity can make for some late nights. In keeping with the garden theme, I'm giving the women a little flower that can be planted and enjoyed this Spring.
At the local CVS, I picked up flowers for $1.99. Obviously, the plastic container they come in isn't eye-catching so I needed a low-cost cover solution. I grabbed a few tools, sat in front of my TV and the end of Glee Season 1, and got creative.
Decorative paper is something that we can all afford (a few cents if you bring in a coupon!). I placed the container in the center of a 12"x12" sheet of paper.
After a few miserable attempts at decorative folding, I overlapped two edges on two sides of the container.
First, I punched a hole on two sides so that I could weave a ribbon around the container, but that was a miserable sight! Instead, I grabbed washi tape that my dear friend Michelle gave me for my birthday. A piece on each side and I'm done! That saved a lot of time!
Instead of making cards, I decided to make little signs to stick into each plant. The Cricut machine was pulled out and I used the Simply Sweet cartridge that included these adorable tabs, which look a lot like the signs you may use in a garden to label your herbs. On one side of the sign is a "thank you" and the other side has a butterfly.
In order to see the designs, I glued pieces of paper behind the tabs. See how pretty that looks!
To make this easier, I taped the stick to one tab and then glued the two tabs together. A quick stab into the dirt and we have ourselves a cute gift!
30 Before April 30 ongoing list ... (this list changes occasionally)
- Homemade totebags for the bridesmaids
- Guest bags and all of the pieces that will go inside for out-of-towners
- DONE! Save the dates
- Wedding invitations
- Hand written addresses for wedding invitations
- Wedding programs
- DONE! Bags for Program Attendants
- DONE! Bridal shower invitations
- DONE! Bridal shower party favors
- DONE! Reserved signs
- DONE! Escort cards for wedding party
- Photobooth props & sign
- DONE! Rehearsal dinner dessert
- Rehearsal dinner invitations
- Rehearsal dinner menus
- DONE! Fabric bunting flags for bridal shower
- DONE! Thank you gifts along the way ...
- Groomsmen gifts
- Door initials
- DONE! Bridal Shower Cake Bunting
- DONE! Dessert bar components
- Sign in *surprise* area (we can't give everything away)
- Bridal Party dinner table monogram runner
- Signs for front of reception site
- Centerpieces for cocktail tables & bars
- Wedding cake topper
- Bouquet bling
- Signs for pictures
- Toiletry kits for bathrooms
- Thank you gifts for our generous vendors, family and friends helping on the big day!