After a 3-day weekend, it's so incredibly hard to get back into traffic and join the masses for another work week (but it is a short week so hip hip hooray!!). While quickly checking my blog, I learned that I'm a winner!! Krista at It's Always Craft Time (heart you) awarded me and 14 other amazing bloggers with the Stylish Blog Award! How am I supposed to focus the rest of the day with this honor hanging over my head?! I will likely take this very seriously and email all of my family and friends with this amazing announcement! (It'll be a nice break from the heart-wrenching emails detailing wedding tasks.)
Thank you Krista and I hope this post makes you proud!
As a recipient of this award, here are the rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award. (Hi Krista!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great blogs.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
This is no doubt about to bore you, but I will do my best to insert humor where, at all, possible!
1. I'm going to marry one of my best friends (because CM and KB are pretty important too) on April 30! I heart you JC!
2. I grew up in a small town where I spent my summers showing dairy cows at the local state fair! I mostly did it for the cinnamon rolls.
3. My parents were born in Azores, Portugal, and came to America after they married in 1969. I speak Portuguese fluently and it comes in handy when I need to say something about someone without hurting their feelings.
4. I heart Mexican food! And my favorite place to grab a burrito is a truck in my hometown where a burrito the size of two meals costs $3. I don't ask for the meat's origins. It's better that way.
5. My favorite shows are Glee, Mad Men, Greek, Modern Family, and Californication. As you can see, I like to watch a variety of shows that span the lifespan of a human being, from high school to rock bottom!
6. I have chronic nose-drip. It is what it is.
7. I enjoy running and have trained for and ran 9 half marathons. My 31-year-old body has recently informed me that this has been a bad idea and we have decided to keep the runs shorter.
Now, I get to spread the love!! And I really hope that these winners realize how much they have inspired me, how much I appreciate the time they spend sharing their intellectual property with me (I learned that on The Social Network), and please keep it up!
1. Michelle @ The Whole Enchellada
2. Jen, Jamie and Jodie @ eighteen25
3. Kate @ Centsational Girl
4. Lorie @ Be Different Act Normal
5. Cassity @ Polly Want a Crafter
6. Jamie @ C.R.A.F.T.
7. Kimberly @ Craftyland
8. Amy @ The Idea Room
9. Christi @ P is for Party
10. The girls @ The Purl Bee
11. Beckie & Brad @ These Creative Juices
12. Linda @ Craftaholics Anonymous
13. Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont
14. Mandy @ Sugar Bee Craft Edition
15. Hannah @ Young and Crafty
This is probably the longest blog I've ever written and you deserve an award for sticking through. But please visit my new 15 favorites! These blogs truly remind me why I do this - for fun - and why I get excited to do anything just to blog about it! xoxo Debbie