For the sake of simplicity, we decided to not have flower girls or a ring bearer at our wedding next month. Instead, we asked my cousin's little girls to hand out programs at the ceremony and welcome guests at the reception. As a gift, I made the girls little monogram bags that I'll stuff with goodies for the day of the wedding. But I also wanted to get them something that they could wear on the wedding day - with my personal touch!
During late night searches on numerous wedding sites and blogs, I came across this amazing headband on Project Wedding. I was attracted to the natural colors and the smooth satin flowers that stand out. Since I don't have any extra small pieces of fabric hanging around, I instead opted for ribbon.
- headbands (5 for $1.50 at Forever 21)
- one yard of 1.5" ribbon in three colors
- two yards of velvet ribbon
- beads, pearls, etc.
- hot glue gun, needle, brown thread
Follow the instructions at Project Wedding on wrapping the headband with velvet ribbon.
First, thread your needle through the ribbon every half inch.
After about half a yard, pull the ribbon so that it bunches to create the look of a flower. Make a few stitches and tie a knot. Instead of sewing the two edges together, I hot-glued the ribbon so that it was transparent.
Make a few more stitches through the flower and wrap the thread around the headband (use the same color thread as the headband). This way, the flower is more secure and you can change the flower's shape in the process.
To affix the beads, use hot glue in the center of the flowers and drop your beads in. Watch your fingers.
Sorry. No cute heads were around to model this adorable headband, so I called on my pilsner glass ...
30 Before April 30 ongoing list ... (this list changes a lot)
- Homemade totebags for the bridesmaids
- Guest bags and all of the pieces that will go inside for out-of-towners
- DONE! Save the dates
- DONE! Wedding invitations
- Letter pillows for 2 chairs at reception
- Wedding programs
- DONE! Bags for Program Attendants
- DONE! Bridal shower invitations
- DONE! Bridal shower party favors
- DONE! Reserved signs
- DONE! Escort cards for wedding party
- Photobooth props & sign
- DONE! Rehearsal dinner dessert
- Rehearsal dinner invitations
- Rehearsal dinner menus
- DONE! Fabric bunting flags for bridal shower
- DONE! Thank you gifts along the way ...
- Groomsmen gifts
- Door initials
- DONE! Bridal Shower Cake Bunting
- DONE! Dessert bar components
- Sign in *surprise* area (we can't give everything away)
- Bridal Party dinner table monogram runner
- Signs for front of reception site
- Centerpieces for cocktail tables & bars
- DONE! Headbands for program attendants
- Bouquet bling
- Signs for pictures
- Toiletry kits for bathrooms
- Thank you gifts for our generous vendors, family and friends helping on the big day!