There's something about papel picado that makes me want to put on a sombrero and eat guacamole and chips. The festive Mexican tissue decoration has gained popularity recently and you can now find these eleborate designs drapping weddings and parties alike.
Throughout my year-long web search for the perfect ideas for just about everything we were doing, two papel picado decorations stand out and I just had to use them one way or another. When we decided to host a Mexican food rehearsal dinner, I found the playground I needed to implement papel picado decor! The first inspiration is a DIY rehearsal dinner invite I found on Once Wed. I love the design of the invite and the font really grabbed me.
The second came from the same inspiration I found for the bridal shower cake bunting. How cute is the little papel picado bunting that I found on Eat Drink Pretty?
Together, I had a creative idea! (This was a 'eureka' sort of moment.) I did my best to recreate the design used on the invitation. Once printed on cardstock, I glued colorful paper to the back to add a little punch.
Actual papel picado decor can be expensive, so I chose to go small with my Martha Stewart edge punch and some string.
Email me if you want the template for the invitation on a word document.
30 Before April 30 ongoing list ... (this list changes a lot)
- DONE! Totes for the bridesmaids
- Guest bags and all of the pieces that will go inside for out-of-towners
- DONE! Save the dates
- DONE! Wedding invitations
- DONE! Letter pillows for 2 chairs at reception
- DONE! Wedding programs
- DONE! Bags for Program Attendants
- DONE! Bridal shower invitations
- DONE! Bridal shower party favors
- DONE! Reserved signs
- DONE! Escort cards for wedding party
- Photobooth props & sign
- DONE! Rehearsal dinner dessert
- DONE! Rehearsal dinner invitations
- Rehearsal dinner menus
- DONE! Fabric bunting flags for bridal shower
- DONE! Thank you gifts along the way ...
- Groomsmen gifts
- Door initials
- DONE! Bridal Shower Cake Bunting
- DONE! Dessert bar components
- Sign in *surprise* area (we can't give everything away)
- Bridal Party dinner table monogram runner
- Signs for front of reception site
- Centerpieces for cocktail tables & bars
- DONE! Headbands for program attendants
- Bouquet bling
- Signs for pictures
- Toiletry kits for bathrooms
- Thank you gifts for our generous vendors, family and friends helping on the big day!
Linking up at these parties this week:
- Take a Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Crafts