Burlap is all the rage on these blogs and I got sucked into this trend recently when I skipped onto the Victorian Station Etsy shop. Pillows, bunting, oh my! But the 'Just Married' bunting had me at 'Just Married.' The $38 price tag was out of reach and this girl just doesn't swipe her credit card lightly.
Here's how I DIM (did it myself). I made letter templates with the ever so trusty Cricut machine. Instead of using the letters that I actually cut out, I needed the outlines. Half a yard of burlap was enough for this project and each square was 7" x 8".
Center the template on the burlap, but slightly lower so there's more space at the top to fold over. I used basic white craft paint and an inexpensive sponge brush.
Originally, I had intended to hot glue the burlap to the twine but I ran out of glue. The next best option turned out great - with dark blue thread, a quick zig-zag stitch across the top of each letter.
Total cost: less than $5!
30 Before April 30 ongoing list ... (this list changes a lot)
- DONE! Totes for the bridesmaids
- Guest bags and all of the pieces that will go inside for out-of-towners
- DONE! Save the dates
- DONE! Wedding invitations
- DONE! Letter pillows for 2 chairs at reception
- DONE! Wedding programs
- DONE! Bags for Program Attendants
- DONE! Bridal shower invitations
- DONE! Bridal shower party favors
- DONE! Reserved signs
- DONE! Escort cards for wedding party
- Photobooth props & sign
- DONE! Rehearsal dinner dessert
- DONE! Rehearsal dinner invitations
- Rehearsal dinner menus
- DONE! Fabric bunting flags for bridal shower
- DONE! Thank you gifts along the way ...
- Groomsmen gifts
- Door initials
- DONE! Bridal Shower Cake Bunting
- DONE! Dessert bar components
- Sign in *surprise* area (we can't give everything away)
- Bridal Party dinner table monogram runner
- Signs for front of reception site
- Centerpieces for cocktail tables & bars
- DONE! Headbands for program attendants
- Bouquet bling
- DONE! Sign for pictures
- Toiletry kits for bathrooms
- Thank you gifts for our generous vendors, family and friends helping on the big day!