Again, I relied on the kindness of my blogging friends to even begin this project, and a great big hug and thank you to Sew 4 Home for providing an incredibly easy-to-follow pattern and instructions. But I did make a few changes to the step-by-step instructions so that this project was completed before Christmas.
Instead of using the amount of fabric suggested on Sew 4 Home, I used three different patterns and picked up 2 yards of each with plenty leftover for extra projects around the house. Since I had all of this fabric, I opted to continue the patchwork design on both sides instead of a solid print on one side.
Since the two sides were patchwork, they weren't lined up perfectly (gasp!), so I skipped the "stitch in the ditch" step of stitching down the middle of each piece and went rogue by just stitching the edges (double gasp!).
I used a natural cotton batting on the inside and it gave this tree skirt more depth.
And as always, I apologize for the quality of the pictures since this project was completed late at night and the pictures were taken before I ran out of the door at 6:15 a.m.