... a cheerful spring wreath! I know what you might be saying. Hmmm, didn't you make a wreath, no TWO wreaths around the holidays? Gosh, you have a great memory. I did make two wreaths and shared them right here in December. After the holidays we over and decorations packed away, I missed the wreath on our door. Call me the crazy wreath lady, but there is something so welcoming about a nice wreath on your front door.
I was inspired by the following two wreaths - one from brit.com and one from my dear friend jnelly - and finally decided to make my own! The biggest difference between this wreath and the ones I made for the holidays was using burlap instead of yarn to wrap the wreath. I love the texture but watch out - burlap is meeeessssy!
Want to make your own wreath? Here are the easy directions:
- Cut the burlap into strips (mine were 2 inches wide). I ended up cutting about 10 strips total.
- Wrap burlap around wreath. Glue each piece at the start and end. Overlap the next piece to hide the start/stop point. Yes, it feels like you are wrapping an ace bandage (or is that just me?!).
- Wrap ribbon around wreath.
- Cut flowers, tufts and leaves out of felt.
- Arrange the all the pieces on the wreath and glue them down.
- Admire the final product.