- all cabinets and hardware installed; we do need to order different doors for a 12 inch cabinet.
- crown molding and baseboards have been installed but not finished.
- counters are in ... jumping for joy!
- all appliances are connected and working.
- plumbing is connected - that means full running water!
There is one clear component in the above picture that does not match the inspiration board I shared last month. After looking at counter options at Granite Expo, I fell in love with this dark slate quartz. It looks so much like concrete counters but without the hassle and with some shine. We also decided on a stainless steel sink that went under the counter.
The hardware was installed and looks exactly the way I had imagined it would look in this space!
When we first pushed the dishwasher into this space, it was a bit smaller than the width of the opening. My brother used cabinet panels that you can purchase separately and created a 'frame' for the dishwasher. You can barely tell that it's not a custom cabinet.
And here is where we sit - a perfectly functioning kitchen with everything in its place. We still have to sand down the crown molding and baseboards, install floating shelves around the window and a wooden window ledge, and install the backsplash. But at this point, we can stop using the bathroom to wash dishes and have meals again!