- Have you read a Jennifer Lancaster memoir yet? Well, you immediately must add this to your list. Start with Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office and then thank me with a comment below about how much you loved it!
- I really dig historical fiction and there is an entire series about King Henry VIII and his wives written by Philippa Gregory (heard of the Other Boleyn Girl?). Start with The Constant Princess if you want to go in chronological order.
- Another series that will teach you while reading is Sandra Gulland's trilogy about Josephine Bonaparte. Start with The Many Lives & Secret Sorrows of Josephine B.
- Need fiction ASAP? The American Heiress: A Novel and The Fortune Hunter: A Novel written by Daisy Goodwin will keep you entertained!
- Lisa See is one of my favorite authors. I have learned more from her books than any of the above titles. Start with Peony in Love: A Novel and just try not to read her other bestsellers!
- I'm not one for reading biographies but Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter has made me a recent convert! The glimpse into this widely popular and complex family will have you thankful for your boring family dinners.
- If an emotional story is what you need, then please read The Light Between Oceans: A Novel before watching the movie! This one had me crying at a bar in Portugal!
Clearly, I have book types and maybe this encourages you to try something new! Let me know if you love or hate or feel lukewarm about any of the above suggestions, and please share your favorite titles with me below in the comments!